It’s always been difficult raising good kids. And in today’s Digital Age, it’s even more of a challenge. Our children are being bombarded with massive amounts of ‘infotainment’, much of it negative, violent and mean-spirited. Many parents and teachers feel like they’re in a losing the battle and have given up on trying to teach their children character, manners and make responsible and moral choices.
“VICTORY VIA VIRTUES!”
The “V” Channel is launching a counter attack on ‘infotainment’. We’re raising money to fund an on-going campaign to broadcast ‘edutainment’ based on the what, why and how of virtues. We hope to spark the flame and rekindle inherent virtues by producing award-winning, interesting videos that parents and caregivers, teachers can share with their children, enabling them to engage in a dialogue about life choices.. good and without judgement, dogma… bad, heathy and … topics… creative point of view…
From “Assertiveness” to “Zeal”, we aim to produce age-appropriate content for kids, teens and young adults, inspiring them to choose goodness and prevail over the negative influences and temptations in life:
- The average child sees more that 8,000 murders on video games and television by the time they finish elementary school.
The “V” Channel will counter… Caring about people more than relishing their death and destruction.
- Casual sex in TV, movies and on the Internet has distorted and diminished intimate and loving relationships.
The “V” Channel will counter… no prudes…
- False and misleading advertising make far-fetched promises without any basis in reality.
The “V” Channel will use Madison marketing techniques to counter … truthfulness and honesty
- YouTubers scream explemplitives in the camera, while social media memes drenched in sarcasm.
The “V” Channel will scream right back… counter… … Courtesy, compassion and kindness.
- Facebook is littered with haters, cyber bullies and mean-spirited memes
The “V” Channel will counter… gentleness and love ..
- Music that glorifies violence and drugs, material…
The “V” Channel will counter… gentleness and love ..
- Major news channels make vice look cool and attractive…
thankfulness and gratitude… once venerated news programs reduced to embellishment of facts to… lack intergrity…
- Organized religion too much dogma, rules… many use religion…
The “V” Channel will counter… Love and Reverence, Let kids know that they can be good without God.
RALLYING THE TROOPS
Parents to take the time… Influentials to take up the cause… The “V” Channel’s strategy of engagement consists of two stages:
STAGE I: Primary Caregivers—parents, grandparents, teachers, coaches and mentors share and discuss age-appropriate content with their children.
STAGE II: Influentials—pop stars, sports icons and celebrity personalities endorse and promote specially developed youth-centric content to each age group.
Together we can raise kids that choose goodness:
- Tell the truth and stand up for justice
- Set clear boundaries and respectfully ask for what they need
- Give love and attention to the people and things that matter to them
- Listen with compassion and help with kindness
- Trust that they have the strength to cope with whatever happens in life
- Give careful thought to the needs of others
- Think before speaking and tell the truth kindly, being aware of how deeply words affect others
- Do whatever it takes to hit a grand slam, kick the game-winning goal, or become a doctor, a CEO or an accomplished musician or artist
- And much, much more
TAKING A STAND AGAINST BLAME, SHAME AND FEAR
Parenting is the most important job on the planet, yet very few of us are properly trained. Most of us just use the same old “blame, shame and fear” approach as our parents did, or we learn by trial and error, which can have life-long negative effects on our children.
The Five Strategies of The Virtues Project(TM) are surprisingly simple yet effective ways to bring out the very best in our children.
Our goal is to build a world-class online destination and social media network offering “Edutainment” in a wide variety of interest categories for viewing at home, in school, and on mobile devices.
Explore some of the content we’ve created so far:
“V” VIDEOS >
Original “V” Videos feature positive role models that inspire kids (and adults!) to be the very best they can be.
“V”MAIL AND ARTICLES >
Our emails and articles offer anecdotes about practicing virtues in everyday life.
A FEW OF LIFE’S MANY CHOICES >
Creative ways parents can help their kids make the right choices.
We invite you to call, text or email us with any questions or comments you may have. Please tell us your story about how you’re fostering goodness with the kids in your life.
Scott Feraco Founder and Creative Director: scott@theVchannel.com / 917-445-0102
Wendy Mather Editor and Contributing Writer: wendy@theVchannel.com / 916-850-9871
Dara Feldman Education Director: dara@theVchannel.com / 301-529-1302
It’s our responsibility to invest the time to raise our children to become adults who make responsible, moral choices.
STAY TUNED TO THE “V” CHANNEL
As we raise additional funding we’ll produce new videos and blogs. We’ll also revise and improve our website, providing you with a world-class online destination and social media network dedicated to the understanding and practical application of virtues.
Special thanks to The Family Virtues Guide, by Linda Kavelin Popov with Dr. Dan Popov Ph.D., and John Kavelin, and The Virtues Project, a global grassroots initiative to inspire the practice of virtues in everyday life.
“THE FIVE STRATEGIES OF THE VIRTUES PROJECT” ARE TRADEMARKS OF THE VIRTUES PROJECT INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION.
©2015 THE “V” CHANNEL CORPORATION. THE “V” CHANNEL LOGO AND “VICTORY VIA VIRTUES” ARE SERVICE MARKS OF THE “V” CHANNEL CORPORATION.