As you know, every choice a person makes stems from the quality of their character. Sadly, it seems like people who lack character get all the attention. Too many memes, YouTube videos, TV shows, movies and video games feature people who make negative, violent and mean-spirited choices.
The mission of The “V” Channel is to focus attention on positive qualities of character.
We believe that highly creative and impactful ‘Edutainment’ can inspire kids of all ages to choose virtues, empowering them to rise above the negative influences and temptations in life.
We trust you will appreciate our ‘higher calling’ to promote the power of virtues. And we thank you for your generosity of time to review our proposal.
WATCH OUR VIDEO PRESENTATION
REQUEST FOR SPONSORSHIP
All of us at The “V” Channel admire the Leonsis Foundation’s mission to help children “overcome obstacles and achieve their goals” and we share SnagFilms’ belief that “great movies can change the world.” (In our case, great “V” Videos can change the world!)
In the spirit of idealism—daring to have big dreams and then acting as if they are possible—we respectfully and enthusiastically ask you to consider sponsoring The “V” Channel.
In addition to funding, your management advice and important contacts will allow us to:
- Build a world-class online destination and social media network dedicated to virtues
- Recruit writers, editors, designers and filmmakers to create inspirational content
- Develop relationships with educators, child psychologists, behavioral specialists, and Master Facilitators of The Virtues Project™ to provide online guidance and support to parents and teachers
- Sustain and expand our after school program
- Secure private, public and corporate funding
- Reach out to pop stars, sports icons and popular YouTube personalities willing to use their fame to inspire young people to choose virtues
FIRST-YEAR SCOPE OF WORK:
With a $50,000 budget we can continue developing the project on a small scale. However, with substantial funding we can build an impressive success story. We can then leverage our success story to raise 1.2 million dollars for the global launch of The “V” Channel in 2017.
A grant of $275,000 will cover our 2016 start-up operating expenses:
- 2-person staff using freelance writers and artists
- Finish building current website
- Create and disseminate online content:
- 12 articles on the “What, Why and How” of virtues
- 3 professional “V” Videos — scripts on kindness, compassion and service in development
- Monthly podcasts
- Weekly emails
- Daily social media posts
- Engage a digital marketing agency for promotion and social media marketing
- Develop promotions and merchandise for fundraising
- Broaden our after school program for grades 3-6 and train high school students as mentors — curriculum in development
- Pursue corporate clients for sponsorships and branded content videos
- Plan the end-of-year formal fundraising event in collaboration with corporate sponsors and private partners
- Implement rigorous accountability and evaluative measures to ensure integrity of purpose
- Misc legal fees
- 25,000-30,000 social media followers
- 10,000 person email list
- 1 or more corporate branded videos
- End-of-year fundraising event with the goal to raise 1.2 million dollars
LET’S DISCUSS THE POSSIBILITIES
We would love to meet with you, Mr. Leonsis, to review the details of our estimated budget, and discuss our global launch strategies and tactics. And more importantly, we would love to hear your ideas on how we can inspire the world’s youth to choose virtues!
CONTACT SCOTT FERACO
Call or text: 917.445.0102
The “V” Channel was founded by Scott Feraco. After 25 years as a creative director, he left the advertising business and combined his communications expertise with his passion for parenting and coaching. For the past three years he has been developing The “V” Channel, producing content and building a presentation website to exhibit the project’s concept and potential.
MORE ABOUT SCOTT >
©2015. THE “V” CHANNEL CORPORATION.