FILLING A NICHE WITH VIRTUES
There are hundreds of nonprofit organizations in the social good space doing great work for many noble and worthy causes.
Only The “V” Channel is devoted to the what, why and how of virtues.
For the past three years, we’ve been developing The “V” Channel to creatively express the “What, Why & How” of virtues as outlined in the international best-seller, The Family Virtues Guide by Linda Kavelin Popov.
Now is the time to take the The “V” Channel to the next level, to give parents, teachers, coaches, and even school bus drivers, simple yet highly effective ways to bring out the very best in children.
REQUEST FOR SPONSORSHIP
In the spirit of idealism—daring to have big dreams and then acting as if they are possible—we respectfully and enthusiastically ask you to consider sponsoring The “V” Channel.
Your support will allow us to:
- Build a world-class online destination and social media network dedicated to virtues
- Recruit writers, editors, designers and filmmakers to create impactful ‘Edutainment’
- Develop relationships with educators, child psychologists, behavioral specialists, and Master Facilitators of The Virtues Project™ to provide online guidance and support to parents and teachers
- Sustain and expand our after school program
- Secure private, public and corporate funding
- Reach out to pop stars, sports icons and popular YouTube personalities willing to use their fame to inspire young people to choose virtues
FIRST-YEAR SCOPE OF WORK:
Our goal is to build an impressive success story during 2016, then leverage our success to raise 1.2 million dollars to fully staff and scale-up The “V” Channel for the global launch in 2017.
A budget of $275,000 will cover our 2016 start-up operating expenses:
- 2-person staff using freelance writers and artists
- Assess our current content and finish building theVchannel.com website
- Create and disseminate new content:
- 12 articles on the “What, Why and How” of virtues
- 3 professional “V” Videos — scripts on kindness, compassion and service in development
- Monthly podcasts
- Weekly emails
- Daily social media posts
- Engage a digital marketing agency for promotion and social media marketing
- Develop promotions and merchandise for fundraising
- Broaden our after school program for grades 3-6 and train high school students as mentors — curriculum in development
- Pursue corporate clients for sponsorships and branded content videos
- Plan the end-of-year formal fundraising event in collaboration with corporate sponsors and private partners
- Implement rigorous accountability and evaluative measures to ensure integrity of purpose
- Misc legal fees
- 25,000-30,000 social media followers
- 10,000 person email list
- 1 or more corporate branded videos
- End-of-year fundraising event with the goal to raise 1.2 million dollars
SUSTAINING THE “V” CHANNEL
In addition to reaching out to corporate sponsors and charitable foundations for grants, we will seek donations from private individuals for ongoing financial support. The three fundraising groups are:
- Minor— Individuals/families donating $50 – $500 per year
- Major—Individuals/families donating over $500 per year
- Affinity—a group of people who have something in common with each other. For example, a “Sports” group may raise $5,000-$10,000 for a professionally produced “V” video.
The “V” Channel merchandise and fund-raising gift ideas:
SPONSORED “V” VIDEOS
We will contact film studios seeking “V” Video sponsorships. We will also offer youth-oriented and family-friendly brands a unique BRANDED CONTENT marketing opportunities.
THE “V” CHANNEL GLOBAL AMBASSADORS
We will invite celebrities to be “V” Channel Global Ambassadors (Angelina Jolie tops our wish list!)
LET’S DISCUSS THE POSSIBILITIES!
We would love to meet with you to review the details of our estimated budget, and discuss our global launch strategies and tactics. And more importantly, we would love to hear your ideas on how The “V” Channel can inspire the world’s youth to choose virtues!
CONTACT SCOTT FERACO
Call or text: 917.445.0102
The “V” Channel was founded by Scott Feraco. After 25 years as a creative director, he left the advertising business and combined his communications expertise with his passion for parenting and coaching. For the past three years he has been developing The “V” Channel, producing content and building a presentation website to exhibit the project’s concept and potential.
MORE ABOUT SCOTT >
©2015. THE “V” CHANNEL CORPORATION.