From The Virtues Project Educators Guide
WHAT IS EXCELLENCE?
Excellence is doing your best. It is giving your very best to any task you do or any relationship you have. Excellence is effort guided by a noble purpose. It is a desire for perfection. The perfection of a seed comes in the fruit. When you practice excellence, you bring your gifts to fruition.
WHY PRACTICE EXCELLENCE?
Excellence is the key to success. People who don’t practice excellence just do things half way. Usually they don’t have very exciting or fruitful lives. Doing your best helps you find out what talents you have. You may discover something no one has ever thought of before. When you practice excellence, you can make a difference in this world.
HOW DO YOU PRACTICE EXCELLENCE?
When you practice excellence, you are not content to give less than your best—to big things and little things. You give careful attention to every job, and to the people you care for. You learn from your mistakes, so you can do better next time. Day by day, you strive to improve. Discover your own talents and give them your best.
What would Excellence look like if…
- You are cleaning up the classroom?
- You are learning to play a new instrument?
- You keep arguing with your friend?
- You get tired in the middle of a job?
- You compare yourself to others?
- You realize that you have made too many promises and have too much to do?
You are practicing Excellence when you…
- Give your best to whatever you do
- Give your best to relationships
- Set noble and realistic goals
- Remember to plan and practice
- Don’t try to do everything
- Develop your special gifts
I give my best to the work I do. I give my best to others. I dare to set noble goals. I choose excellence in all things.
STAY TUNED TO THE V CHANNEL
The V Channel is the only 100% Virtues-Driven Parenting and Kid Self-Improvement Platform available in the media. Stay tuned as we seek a publishing deal and corporate sponsors.
For more information contact Scott Feraco.