WHAT IS DETERMINATION?
Determination is focusing your energy and efforts on a task then sticking with it until it is finished. Determination is using your will power to do something when it isn’t easy. You are determined to meet your goals. Even when it is really hard, or you are being tested, you still keep going.
WHY PRACTICE DETERMINATION?
Without determination, things don’t get done. People give up easily and don’t ask for help when they need it. With determination, even the hardest task becomes a challenge we are willing to accept. We do things that matter in the world. With determination, we can make our dreams come true.
HOW DO YOU PRACTICE DETERMINATION?
Decide what is important to you. Then use your will power to make it happen. Finish what you start. If obstacles come up, deal with them, and get back on track. If you get discouraged or distracted, remember your goal. Ask yourself “What do I need?” Then start again. If feels good to meet your goals!
What would Determination look like if…
- You are trying to learn to ride a bike?
- You are doing a really hard homework assignment and it is due tomorrow?
- You are building a model for your Dad’s birthday and it get complicated. You want to become good at a sport or art.
- You decide to work on a new virtue and keep slipping into your old habits?
- You are doing a job for your mother and TV distracts you?
Congratulations! You are practicing determination when you…
- Believe what you are doing is important
- Set goals for yourself
- Focus your attention on what you are doing
- Resist being distracted
- Keep going if it gets difficult
- Ask for help when you need it
- Finish what you start
I am determined. I set goals and keep going until I achieve them. I get things done. I stay on purpose.
STAY TUNED TO THE V CHANNEL
The V Channel is the only 100% Virtues-Driven Parenting and Kid Self-Improvement Platform available in the media. Stay tuned as we seek a publishing deal and corporate sponsors.
For more information contact Scott Feraco.