WHAT IS COMMITMENT?
Commitment is caring deeply about something or someone. It is the willingness to give your all to a friendship, a task, or something you believe in. It is the ability to make decisions and follow through on them. It is keeping your promises.
WHY PRACTICE COMMITMENT?
Without commitment, we just drift along, with no idea where we are going. We change our minds. We give up easily if things get too hard. We break our word. We give up on people we care about if they disappoint us or make a mistake. When we are committed, people can count on us to keep our promises. With commitment we can achieve great things.
HOW DO YOU PRACTICE COMMITMENT?
Commitment is thinking carefully about what you want to do, deciding to do it, then giving it 100%, holding nothing back. You don’t allow problems to stop you. You go the extra mile. You only make promises you can keep. Being a committed friend is choosing your fiends wisely, then sticking together through good times or bad. Commitment makes you trustworthy. It leads you to success.
What would Commitment look like if…
- You are doing a chore at home?
- You promised to bring in some materials for a class project?
- You fall asleep before finishing an assignment that is due tomorrow?
- Someone asks you if you will take responsibility for a big job?
- Your friend does something annoying and won’t apologize?
- You want to learn a new sport but worry you may not be good enough?
Congratulations! You are practicing Commitment when you…
- Think before you make a promise
- Keep every agreement you make
- Make decisions confidently
- Go the extra mile
- Give 100% to everything you do
- Are faithful to people you care about
I practice commitment. I make good decisions and give my all to whatever I do. I keep my agreements. I am a faithful friend.
STAY TUNED TO THE V CHANNEL
The V Channel is the only 100% Virtues-Driven Parenting and Kid Self-Improvement Platform available in the media today. Stay tuned as we seek a publishing deal and corporate sponsors.
For more information contact Scott Feraco.
© THE V CHANNEL CORPORATION.