It has always been difficult raising good kids. And in today’s Digital Age, it’s even more of a challenge. Our children consume massive amounts of “infotainment”, much of it negative, mean-spirited and violent, with an extraordinary emphasis on material wealth and sense gratification. Parents and teachers feel like they’re in a losing battle, fighting the subversive influence of the mainstream media and the onslaught of social media.
The “V” Channel was created to give a positive counter punch. We believe that creative, entertaining, and at times, provocative content based on the what, why and how of virtues can inspire kids to have a heartfelt, powerful and passionate commitment to goodness… a fierce goodness that empowers them to:
- Tell the truth and stand up for justice
- Set clear boundaries and respectfully ask for what they need
- Give love and attention to the people and things that matter to them
- Listen with compassion and help with kindness
- Trust that they have the strength to cope with whatever happens in life
- Give careful thought to the needs of others
- Think before speaking and tell the truth kindly, being aware of how deeply words affect others
- Do whatever it takes to hit a grand slam, kick the game-winning goal, or become a doctor, a CEO or an accomplished musician or artist
- And much, much more
JOIN THE FIGHT FOR GOODNESS!
Let’s bring out the very best in our kids (and ourselves while we’re at it). We can start by helping our children understand the what, why and how of virtues to help them achieve their personal goals and make responsible, moral choices.
We can use The Five Strategies of the Virtues Project(TM) to bring the virtues to life. They are simple ways to help us raise great kids, and to create a culture of character in our schools and communities.
STAY TUNED TO THE “V” CHANNEL
As we raise additional funding we’ll produce new videos and blogs. We’ll also revise and improve our website, providing you with a world-class online destination and social media network dedicated to the understanding and practical application of virtues.
Special thanks to The Family Virtues Guide, by Linda Kavelin Popov with Dr. Dan Popov Ph.D., and John Kavelin, and The Virtues Project, a global grassroots initiative to inspire the practice of virtues in everyday life.
“THE FIVE STRATEGIES OF THE VIRTUES PROJECT” ARE TRADEMARKS OF THE VIRTUES PROJECT INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION.
©2015 THE “V” CHANNEL CORPORATION. THE “V” CHANNEL LOGO AND “VICTORY VIA VIRTUES” ARE SERVICE MARKS OF THE “V” CHANNEL CORPORATION.